The Turó Park Medical Center is a Medical and Dental center located in Barcelona’s Zona Alta district and offers an international team of top doctors in Barcelona. TPMC is growing faster than ever and we are looking for a Medical Secretary who’s positive, proactive and professional to join our dedicated team.
General Position Description:
The Medical Secretary will be responsible for greeting patients, activating patient files and provide support to patients and medical staff.
- Receive and assist patients as needed
- Type medical documents (e.g. physician dictations and patient charts)
- Maintain detailed patient and medical records
- Manage office communications (e.g. phone, correspondence, online interactions)
- Schedule medical appointments
- Work with insurance companies to process claims
- Process invoices, bills and payments
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive information
- Graduate of accredited secretarial training school. Additional training in Medical Administration is a plus.
- Prior administrative experience in a medical office setting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and office procedures.
- Knowledge of basic computer software, and the ability to learn billing software and electronic medical records required.
- Organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to use interpersonal skills to establish/maintain cooperative relationships with patients, family members, physicians, providers, managers, co-workers and external customers.
- Patience and discretion.
- English and Spanish proficiency is mandatory. French is a plus.